20100924

Pure Darkness

It was minutes to midnight and I was in front of this komputer - home alone - when everything lost from my sight last night - a blackout. It was totally dark and I kouldn't see anything at all inside the house. I stumbled my way to the entrance door, hoping to see some light but it was still the blackness I found when I opened the door. I got outside, barefooted, on the road in front of the house and it was a hope; it was brighter outside. It was a good feeling to see how the sky seemed more enlightened despite of the dark houses beneath it. And it felt like I was the only one who was at that place - no one else had been in my sight. After what seemed like minutes passed, I got inside again and felt my way to the keys. I locked up the door and started my engine before riding it through the lightless night. I found out that the whole housing area went black, and half of the one north to mine. It was a disappointment; I'd been hoping that the whole town was in dark. I got home and my neighbour gave me a kandle and I lit up some more kandles I found in the house. It was hot - there was nothing to do than just standing outside there, looking at the sky. I finally decided to ride to the town and so I did. When I got home again my sisters were already there with a friend of theirs; they just got back from their friend's funeral who died of a road accident early that night. Another friend - whom later I found out is a brother to my friend - kame up and I just sat there listening to their konversation. It was about an hour later before a teknician kame up and fixed the problem at the elektrikal substation just beside the house beside mine. The lights went on and I got off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know your answer.