20100308

Existensialism? Absurdism?

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." -Albert Camus

I found out about this Albert Camus in Novel Halimunan, by Nizam Zakaria. The story's about humanity, music, melancholy, and decisions, mainly.
The quote, for me, means something that I don't really prefer as I'm not one of those motivated persons and I don't really work hard in my life. Yes, I can see freedom as a way for us to get better, to prepare ourselves for a greater responsibility towards our own life in future, but it's hard for me to make it work. To realize the expectations, dreams of mostly people around me. They don't see things like I do, or it's I don't see things like they do. Life should be of our own preferences but still based on senses. And this is hard for me as to choose, to decide what my life will be and what I myself am going to be. Shit. This is out of topic. I still have phuturaphobia in me, and this is a taboo; to talk about future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know your answer.