20110911

Hux, Play, Slash

I read about Clive Wearing yesterday. A man with no memory, a result from a very rare virus attacking his brain parts which kaused him to be unable to store any new memory. And every moment for him is like waking up from birth for the first time, every time.
"I haven't heard anything, seen anything, smelled anything, felt anything, touched anything. How long?"
"It's like being dead."
But there's one thing that's intriguing me; how does it feel to have no memory? To lose all the konnektions to the past? To never know what has been there, and what hasn't? Fortunately, for Wearing, I guess, that he didn't lose the emotion he had towards his wife. He knew that he was married, and he in some way still rekognised her. I think that's good enough, for him to still have the woman he loved. But when it komes to memory, for me, whether to lose it or to have it stuck in mind, it's still bitter. And the bitterness digs a gaping hole from the inside. Bekause everything is lost and what left is the present.

2 comments:

  1. Oh itu sangat manis, I mean si Deborah and Clive. And for the lost of memory, hmm indeed it is bitter either to lose it or to have it stuck in mind. But that for those bad memory saja kan. Btw, lucky him to still remember his love one dan tak ditinggalkan keseorangan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But for me, either bad or good memories, it's bitter to have it. Bad memories, are always bitter.
    And good memories, they were once sweet, but being never to be repeated, or relived again, it's simply bitter.
    And yeah, I'm a pessimist.

    ReplyDelete

I want to know your answer.